Oxford Summer Experience
The key features of the Oxford Summer Experience programme:
• Residential in the University of Oxford….St Peters, Wadham and Queens College;
• Credits can be gained (in liaison with the student’s school or university)
• A wide range of subjects…mainly in the Humanities …of which students choose two (eg Shakespeare, European History etc)
• A concurrent programme of excursions and cultural/social visits eg Stratford, Museums, Punting on the river etc;
• Guest speakers from the University
• Financial aid available for academically gifted students
The programme is academically challenging but also good fun…..the opportunity to study and expand cultural horizons in one of the world’s most famous and beautiful university cities, along with other well-motivated young people from all over the world. Prices are from 2500 GBP for two weeks, and students may stay for 2,5,or 6 weeks (july and august admissions). The entry requirements are that they must be at least 16 years of age, and must have first language English (or be fluent).
Dates for 2013 are -
Two week programmes :
Sunday June 30th to Saturday July 13th
Sunday July 14th to Saturday July 27th
Four week programme:
Sunday June 30th to Saturday July 27th
We do have other summer programmes at lower cost, with a wide range of subjects, and residence in a hostel or host family. Speakers of all levels of English , as well as juniors under 16, are welcome on these programmes.