Portfolio Preparation for the Arts Summer Course
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
Open to young creatives aged 16 plus, our 3-week course is designed for all those considering a degree in a creative subject, but who may need to develop their portfolio or want to experiment in a variety of art subjects first. Not only does it give you the opportunity to develop a varied arts portfolio for your university application, you will gain hands-on experience, increase your confidence in your creative abilities and help you to make an informed decision about your artistic direction.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
Through a mixture of workshops, tutor-led demonstrations and studio sessions, you will gain experience in different arts subjects using a variety of media, processes and techniques.
Sessions will include:
• Drawing & Illustration • Graphic Design • Photography & Film• Fashion • Mixed Media & Print Making • Architecture
Over 3 weeks you’ll produce work for your physical and digital portfolio with support from your tutors to improve your technical skills as well as developing your creative identity. Your tutors will also guide you through the important processes of how to showcase and present your work - including evaluation and critique - to allow you to reflect on your progress for future development.
The summer course tuition fees include:
• All teaching, course materials and equipment
• Access to our library, museum, digital suites and Wi-Fi
• Transport cost & admissions fees for any course study trips
• Portfolio Review, and advice about future applications
• AUB Certificate of Completion