Boarding and Activities Manager (residential)
Summer School Vacancy | July - August 2019
residential, fixed-term. (Accommodation and catering provided by employer.)
Wise Owl English Summer School, Kinlet Hall, Kinlet, Worcestershire, DY12 3AY, UK.
Dates of employment:
12 July – 18 August 2019 (38 days).
4 days at school, 2 days off-site excursion, 1 day-off (24 hrs).
£2750 for full course.
by employment application form only.
Indication of Duties:
- The Boarding and Activities Manager is responsible for ensuring the safe and effective operation of the boarding house, and safe and effective provision of excursions and activities for the duration of summer school.
- The Boarding and Activities Manager is aided by the Boarding and Activities Assistant Manager.
- Lead and support a small team of Boarding and Activities Tutors.
- Monitor boarding and activities staff performance and conduct appraisals.
- Manage provision of sensitive, safe and effective care to all students in the boarding house.
- Perform daily walkaround checks of accommodation and facilities.
- First point of contact when students are unwell or injured, including determining appropriate course of action.
- Manage safe storage and administering of prescription medication (according to prescription only) and over-the-counter medication.
- Plan and lead off-site excursions, ensuring safe and effective provision. (Transport/venue bookings will already be in place.)
- Oversee and contribute to delivery of an exciting, engaging and safe programme of activities.
- Compile and contribute to the campus duties rota (e.g. student free time and meal time supervision).
- Prepare for induction, lead induction day and participate in summer school set-up and shut-down.
Please visit our website for the full job description, qualification/experience requirements and details of the employment application process.
Please note that applications are accepted only by the employment application form at: