Director of Studies (residential)
Summer School Vacancy | July - August 2019
residential, fixed-term. (Accommodation and catering provided by employer.)
Wise Owl English Summer School, Kinlet Hall, Kinlet, Worcestershire, DY12 3AY, UK.
Dates of employment:
12 July – 18 August 2019 (38 days).
6 days at school, 1 day-off (24 hrs).
£3750 for full course.
by employment application form only.
Indication of Duties:
- Lead and support a small team of EFL teachers to deliver a challenging, engaging and effective course of English lessons to international students aged 7 to 14.
- Contribute to the creation of stimulating, student-focused and welcoming classroom environments, and to the presentation of the EFL department as a whole.
- Run the development program (observations, feedback, TD sessions and skill sharing).
- Monitor teacher performance and conduct appraisals.
- Review and update schemes of work when required. Maintain stocks of teaching materials and stationery.
- Review and distribute students’ weekly academic reports to parents and group organisers.
- Group students into classes based on English tests completed prior to arrival and language learning background.
- When required, perform additional duties in order to meet the school’s operational demand. This may include:
--- Teaching a class.
--- Assistance with student changeover on non-teaching days.
--- Campus duties; according to rota (e.g. activities, student free time supervision).
- Prepare for induction, lead induction day and participate in summer school set-up and shut-down.
Please visit our website for the full job description, qualification/experience requirements and details of the employment application process.
Please note that applications are accepted only by the employment application form at: