ICMP Music Performance Summer School: Bass, Drums, Guitar And Vocal
The next step for aspiring musicians, this course introduces new concepts, patterns and theories to expand your vocabulary and repertoire on your chosen instrument. You’ll learn to perform in a variety of styles such as blues, rock, funk and soul, building upon your performance techniques through solo, group and full band workshops. The week-long course culminates with a live showcase of the bands that were formed during the week.
Regardless of your ability level you will get plenty out of the programme, although we suggest you have a minimum of 6 months playing experience. You will need to be able to play a song with a band from day one.
By completing this course, you will:
• Be able to perform competently as part of a band
• Build a strong technique, timing and feel
• Be able to jam confidently with other musicians
• Develop a repertoire of songs
• Understand stylistic characteristics
• Be able to read a chart
• Have an overview of the music industry
Course length: 5 days
Dates:Monday Monday 29th July – Friday 2nd August 2019
Location: ICMP, Kilburn, London
£299 (includes student materials pack and course tuition)